Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Mill Basin

The Memory Care Program at The Waterford on the Bay Senior Living recognizes the uniqueness of each resident and therefore develops a program for each resident, including assistance with activities of daily living, specialized recreation, including sensory and cognitive programs, exercise programs and individual behavior care.

Our Philosophy is to provide the highest quality of care while promoting independence in a safe and therapeutic environment. Our “Serenity” floor, for Residents with mild-moderate memory impairments is staffed by trained health care professionals; including the attending physician, licensed nurse, registered dietitian, case manager, personal care attendants, medication assistants, social worker, psychologist/psychiatrists and therapeutic recreation assistants.

Our services include:

  • 3 Gourmet Meals a Day – Served Restaurant Style
  • Snacks
  • Assistance with Personal Hygiene (Showers)
  • Medication Management
  • Comprehensive On-site Medical Staff, including Full-time Registered Dietitian
  • Exciting Recreation Program
  • On-site Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
  • Massage Therapy
  • Specialized Unique Therapeutic Program for Neurological Conditions, Aphasia, Memory Impairment, Post Stroke…Call for More Details…
  • 2 Week Respite Stays Available
  • Trial Stay, Vacation Stay, Hospital Recovery Available
  • Additional Care Services Available* Waterford Wellness Program

The staff at Brooklyn’s Waterford on the Bay take part in an ongoing comprehensive training program conducted by Dementia Care Professionals. This includes understanding the disease process of dementia, activities of daily living, behavior management, and principles of care in order to provide safe and effective care for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease.

At The Waterford on the Bay, combining five star luxury with first class care has never been more affordable for residents of Mill Basin.

Call us at 718-891-8400 to schedule a tour or learn more!

Loading
Center map
Traffic
Bicycling
Transit

The area was called Equandito (Broken Lands) by the local Lenape Native Americans, who sold it in 1664 to John Tilton, Jr. and Samuel Spicer. During the seventeenth century it became part of Flatlands, and tide mills were built on it; the land was owned from 1675 by Jan Martense Schenck and between 1818 and 1870 by the wife of General Philip S. Crooke. The Crooke-Schenck House, which stood at East 63rd Street, was dismantled in 1952 and later reassembled as a museum exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. The area retained its rural character until Robert L. Crooke built a lead-smelting plant in 1890. The Crooke Smelting Company was bought out by the National Lead Company, and Crooke sold the remainder of the land to the firm of McNulty and Fitzgerald, which erected bulkheads and filled in the marshes.

Resources for Seniors and their Families:

New York State Office for the Aging

Alzheimer’s Disease

Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse of the Elderly

Brooklyn, NY News